COVID-19 Safety Protocols
To our valued patients,
We are excited to share with you that on June 6, 2020, Governor Baker announced updated guidance for the Phase II plan of reopening Massachusetts. The update allows for Dental Offices to slowly transition away from “Emergency only” treatment back to more traditional elective procedures and comprehensive hygiene visits/dental cleanings (prophylaxis).
At Alpha Plus Dental Center, we are taking baby steps to “return to normalcy” and genuinely appreciate your patience and understanding during these challenging times.
Our office will continue to strictly follow all infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We are following the activities of these agencies so that we can stay up to date on any new rules or guidance that may be issued, due to COVID-19.
Please note the following changes and precaution that we take to provide a safe environment for all our patients and our staff during your next appointment:
- We will confirm your appointment 24/48 hours in advance and will ask you a series of Covid19 screening questions to assess your risk of Covid19 exposure and whether you may have symptoms or be a potential carrier.
- To comply with the government mandate to have less than ten people in the facility (including staff), we have implemented the virtual waiting room concept.
- We will use calling and texting to allow patients to wait in their vehicles until the office is ready to welcome you.
- Please call us when you have arrived and parked. Please remain in your car until we ask you to head into our office, this means the previous patient has left, and the operatory rooms have been sterilized.
- Please plan to wear a mask to and from your appointment at our office. Your mask should only be removed, when instructed by a staff member.
- As soon as you entered our facility, you will be asked a series of questions regarding your current health, the same screening questions we asked you when we confirmed your appointment.
- You will be requested to remove any gloves, and a dental assistant will place a hand-sanitizer into your hands.
- We will take your temperature with a touchless thermometer before the assistant brings you back to the procedure room. In the case that your body temperature is above 99.5⁰F or 37.5⁰C, you will be requested to reschedule your appointment, and we will recommend that you call to see your primary care physician.
- Considering current restrictions on keeping social distance requirements, we ask that ONLY the patient enters the office. Parents/guardians/caretakers and other family members will be asked to wait outside whenever possible. ONLY ONE parent/guardian/caretaker will be allowed to accompany a patient with an advance request for special arrangements, which can be made during your appointment confirmation time/phone call. We ask that you continue to practice social distancing measures in the common areas of the office, including the front desk and waiting area.
- All rooms will be THOROUGHLY sterilized before each patient is seated, and public areas, including restrooms, will be cleaned, and sterilized frequently throughout the day.
- All treatment rooms are equipped with high-volume air filtration and purification HEPA units. The units are capable of filtering out particles smaller than COVID-19 viruses.
- As an extra precaution, we use UV/Ozone lights and Fog Sterilization units, to disinfect rooms between patients, and at the end of the day.
- Our office follows guidelines set by the CDC, OSHA, and DPH with regards to personal protective equipment (PPE) and office sterilization.
We are moving forward with great caution, and we want you to feel protected as we do, that any visit you make to our office will be as safe as possible.
We look forward to serving our patients and are happy to answer any questions you may have regarding new changes and the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice.
Thank you all for your support and patience during our time of closure. We appreciate your loyalty and trust and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors, and friends!
Dr. Stanislav Kovtun