Dentist in the 02446 zip code area explains the benefits of implant supported dentures
If you are missing teeth and thinking about having dentures stabilized with dental implants, here are a few important facts to consider.
- What are dental implants? Dental implants serve as a replacement for missing tooth roots. We utilize zirconium dental implants, which are a metal-free, biocompatible alternative to traditional titanium implants.
- How long is the process? The process for dental implants can be lengthy. Once surgically implanted, the area will need to heal. This healing, called osseointegration allows the rod to fuse with the jawbone and become part of the structure of the mouth. The healing time can take anywhere from four to nine months.
- Are implants safe? Implants are safe and can actually help improve the overall health of your mouth. When you are missing a tooth, the remaining teeth can become weakened or shift out of place. You can also begin to lose bone structure. Implants help keep the jawbone stimulated and act as support for the correct alignment of the teeth.
- Will my dentures look fake? Not at all, dentures stabilized by implants are one of the most natural looking dental restorations available. The appliance will be custom fabricated to fit perfectly in your mouth, matching the shape, color, and size of your natural teeth.
- Are dental implants my best option? Traditional dentures sit on top of the gum and can easily shift out of place and be uncomfortable. Dentures that are stabilized with dental implants provide a secure, beautiful outcome.
Losing teeth can be a traumatic experience. If you are dealing with missing teeth and would like to find out if dental implants are right for you, call us to schedule a consultation. Our office is conveniently located at 185 Harvard Street, Brookline, MA 02446. At Alpha Plus Dental Center, we provide dental restorations for patients in the area that can help give you back a beautiful and healthy smile. When you come in for an appointment, we will take the time to evaluate your mouth and recommend the best option for your unique smile.
Desc. Tag: Dental implant supported dentures are stable, comfortable, and long lasting solutions that provide brand new smiles that function and look like natural teeth.